Our Core Bee-liefs
No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend’s
Or of thine own were:
Any man’s death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.
– JOHN DONNE
Working together and helping each other in a happy environment is the purpose of this company. We believe that we can accomplish greater things when like-minded individuals put their energies together into making things happen.
With this in mind, we foster a nonconformist and amazing employee culture. This page explains that culture further.
Like all awesome (or striving to be awesome) teams, we’re aiming to recruit the RIGHT FIT. We value honor, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration. What’s different about Happy Hive is that as much as possible, we would like to:
- instill the importance of hive/community in pushing for growth as an individual
- encourage balance by setting priorities among personal life, career, health, family, hobbies, etc.
- be honest as much as possible with each other
- remind people that there are greater things in life that matter, so as long as no one will die or get hurt, it’s okay
- be mostly happy in whatever we do
The values of the company determine who will be rewarded or dismissed. Below are our values, these are particular behaviors and skills we give the utmost importance to in our work culture. The more these values sound like you, and characterize the people and team you would like to work with, the more you will likely thrive and enjoy your stay at Happy Hive.
- You can communicate clearly in speech and writing
- You provide honest, timely, considerate, and objective feedbacks and concerns to colleagues and clients
- You listen carefully and try to understand before proceeding to respond
- You understand that there are different ways in communicating with people of different culture so you can adjust
Open-mindedness & Learning
- You accept that change is inevitable and we all have to adapt to it from time to time
- You make decisions considering all the obtainable factors
- You know that learning is not confined only within the four walls of the school, but in everyday life
- You acknowledge that we all have biases and seek to overcome them
- You prioritize outcomes above processes
- You come up with new ideas that are valuable.
- You reassess ideas in order to find solutions to difficult or new problems.
- You challenge prevailing assumptions, and recommend better perspectives
- You thrive on change